Jackie Shipp suggests odd remedy for cold weather; Vaseline clogs pores, keeps sweat in
“Coach Shipp has this method of Vaseline,” said senior Casey Walker. “If you put it on real thick it clogs up the pores.”
“I did it at Oklahoma State (last season),” Walker said. “I don’t know if I put enough jelly on. I was still cold last year.”
Fellow senior defensive tackle Jamarkus McFarland confirmed the unit’s peculiar cold-weather solution, saying that it worked for him last year in Stillwater.
“He’s been saying that’s an old remedy he used back when he played,” McFarland said. “We’ve used it pretty much every time we’ve played Oklahoma State and it’s really cold, and it works. It keeps your pores closed and keeps your sweat in. It’s a good thing and I’m pretty sure I’m gonna be using it this weekend.”
Does Shipp use this method himself for cold-weather games?
“I have no clue,” Walker said. “I’ve been wanting to ask him that. He’s covered up with gloves and stuff.
“D-line, we don’t wear any sleeves or nothing. We’re gonna see. I’m not a cold weather person at all.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6766Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients