Oklahoma quarterback earns conference honors
This is the first selection of an Oklahoma player this season.
Jones, a senior from Artesia, N.M., set a school record on Saturday against West Virginia when he threw for 554 yards. He held the previous record of 504 yard also, which he set in 2011 against Kansas State.
The senior quarterback also threw for six touchdowns — four of which fell into the arms of junior wide receiver Kenny Stills. Jones’ endzone throws tied a previous school record of six which Jones set against Tulsa in 2009.
Oklahoma’s winningest quarterback is now second in Big 12 history and fifth in NCAA history in career total offense with 15,262 yards. His 117 passing touchdowns place him second all-time in the Big 12 and sixth in the NCAA. On Saturday, his 500+ yards helped him pass the 3,000 passing yards in a season. This season, he has thrown for 3,245 yards and is now just the third quarterback in FBS history 3,000 passing yards in four different seasons along with Kellen Moore (Boise State) and Timmy Chang (Hawaii)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3987As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3816Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3469OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients