Oklahoma right tackle out for undetermined amount of time with knee sprain
Stoops said he is unsure when Williams will be able to return to the field but will likely miss the remainder of the regular season. Williams could be back in time for bowl season.
The sprain occurred on Oklahoma’s seventh play of the game when quarterback Landry Jones handed the ball off to Damien Williams. During the run, Daryl Williams’ leg looked like it got caught from behind and curled. Daryl Williams was then replaced by Tyrus Thompson – the back-up left tackle.
The loss is Oklahoma’s fourth offensive line loss of the season including Ben Habern (neck), Tyler Evans (ACL tear) and Nila Kasitati (ACL tear). It also adds to the list of injured offensive lineman including a concussion to Gabe Ikard and sprained ankles to Bronson Irwin, Adam Shead and Lane Johnson.
There isn’t a single starting offensive lineman who hasn’t been injured in a game (or preseason) this season.
Stoops said that Tyrus Thompson will take the place of Daryl Williams but Sooners fans could also see a shifting of lineman that includes freshman Ty Darlington at center and current center Gabe Ikard switched out to guard.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3755Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3751Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3590As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients