Oklahoma DC Mike Stoops got ripped by his big brother on sideline of West Virginia game
It was obvious from the press box, Bob and Mike Stoops were not getting along on the Oklahoma sideline during the West Virginia game.
The words “not getting along” can also be replaced with “angry with each other”, “yelling at each other”, “turning red in the face” and most definitely “losing their voice from screaming at each other”.
When Bob Stoops was asked about the interaction with his little brother on the sidelines, he simply responded with “No different than any other game.” But there was a word that had been used in the initial question that bugged him and evoked more of a response. The word was “volatile”.
“What is volatile?” Stoops said. “We’re talking through what adjustments we can make and those kinds of things but no different than any other game.
“We’ll often talk about what we can do or how we can change it, but that happens every game.”
Got that? Every game.
Except this game, Oklahoma allowed 458 total rushing yards and 778 total offensive yards — allowing wide receiver turned running back Tavon Austin to compile 345 yards on the ground and wide receiver Stedman Bailey to add 205 yards out of the air. Also, this game, Bob Stoops failed to mention he was a bit more intense in his delivery. The media asked Mike Stoops about the intensity between the brothers on the sideline and he smiled.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients