Kenny Stills: Tony Jefferson tweeted apology because he cares what fans think
Receiver Kenny Stills is close friends with Jefferson, and said the tweet was sincere.
“He was disappointed in the way he played individually,” Stills said. “You’ve got to understand, if you have 15,000 followers or whatever he has and all of them are saying, ‘You suck’, he wants to apologize and say, ‘I expect better from myself also.’”
Jefferson leads the Sooners in tackles and is widely considered one of the team’s best players. He, Stills and Brennan Clay are California natives, and were part of the same recruiting class.
The three friends have called themselves the “Cali Trio.”
“He has a lot of pride individually, but he has a lot of respect for what the fans think of him,” Stills said. “It’s the same with me and Brennan. We’ve always been the guys that are fan friendly and for him, his pride kind of came out. He wanted everyone to know that. He apologized for the way he played and he felt like he could have done better.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients