Tidbits from Oklahoma’s win in the Old Spice Classic
Oklahoma is now 3-0 after its Thanksgiving victory against UTEP.
The Sooners began the game with a 15-0 run, watched that run dwindle to a single-digit lead, boosted the lead back up to 20 points and then had the Miners go on a 16-4 run to bring the game to 64-60 with two minutes remaining.
That’s when senior Steven Pledger nailed a three-point shot from the right side of the arc to help Oklahoma gain a little more security for the eventual 68-61 victory.
Here are some more tidbits to know about the Sooners’ first game in the Old Spice Classic:
- The Sooners are 3-0 for the third straight season and also the fifth time in the last six seasons.
- Oklahoma’s 15-0 run was courtesy of seven straight possessions that resulted in points (7-for-8 during the run).
- Oklahoma outscored UTEP on second-chance points, 11-8.
- The Sooners’ watched senior forward Romero Osby earn his second consecutive double-double. It was his ninth such performance in his 34-game career with the Sooners. Osby ended the night with 16 points and 10 rebounds.
- Osby’s four assists tied a career high. He also was 6-of-10 from the field and 4-4 from the free throw line.
- OU forced 17 UTEP turnovers. The Sooners also had eight steals.
- Every Sooner who played recorded at least one point. That’s the second time this season.
- Ten different Oklahoma players saw playing time. Each of them played for at least nine minutes. Six of them score at least five points. Four scored at least eight points.
- The Sooners shot 41.7 percent from the field and 33.3 percent from three-point range.
By the numbers:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients