Q&A with Oklahoma senior punter Tress Way
On Saturday, Way will make his final appearance on Owen Field where he’s become one of the best punters in Oklahoma history. At the start of his final Bedlam game, Way will have 236 punts for 10,300 yards, which is an average of 43.6 yards per punt. His career long is an 85-yard punt and his season long is a 71-yarder.
Here’s the latest from the senior about the Bedlam rivalry, which Oklahoma team he grew up a fan of and his thoughts on the best and worst punts of his career.
The past two years Oklahoma State has gotten really close to you when you punted off the opening drive.
That’s all right. It’s Oklahoma State. They just come after you. I wouldn’t have it any other way. They can keep coming. I have three big boys in front of me that I trust with my life.
Thoughts on Bedlam?
Especially after what they did to us last year. I can’t wait to get them back to our place.
Bob credited this senior class with the turnaround from last year. What have you seen from your teammates?
I think that’s really cool that coach said that. He’s absolutely right. It’s just something you can’t help but notice. Everybody’s always dancing and hanging out and having fun in the locker room. I think just compared to how it’s been here whenever I’ve been on the team in the past, it’s not necessarily a bad thing – it’s just different. It’s like everybody’s more together and you just feel – I don’t know.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 8253Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7999Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7772Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients