Surprises and Underachievers: The best and worst of Oklahoma against Oklahoma State
A Bedlam victory at the goal line caused Sooners fans to rejoice. Oklahoma earned their only lead of the game when Brennan Clay scored the game-winning touchdown in overtime. Landry Jones threw for 500 yards and the defense seemed to throw out the playbook that included plays for only a seven-DB scheme. This was Bedlam 2012 but there are more surprises, and a few underachievers, in the Sooners’ only Bedlam OT victory.
Landry Jones’ big-time Bedlam comeback. Landry Jones had his biggest game of his career against West Virginia. Now replace the team name with Oklahoma State. It’s crazy. Back-to-back weeks the senior quarterback pulled off a comeback in the fourth quarter. Except this time it’s even bigger than the game against the Mountaineers because Jones historically didn’t have that great of a history against the Cowboys. In the last three years, he’d thrown more interceptions than touchdowns against OSU. Saturday night he finished the game with three touchdowns, one interception and 71 passing attempts. That’s the most passing attempts in his career. The second largest amount was actually in the 2010 Bedlam game when Jones had 62 attempts. That game Jones threw four touchdowns and three interceptions. Regardless, Jones’ finally has a Bedlam win he can be proud to hang on his wall.
Kenny Stills’ touchdown tip to himself. It was ESPN’s Play of the Day.
Jalen Saunders’ punt return. 81 yards? Oklahoma fans have got to love the NCAA clearing Saunders’ waiver this year and not delaying it to next … even if it did take a few games.
Blake Bell’s arm. When Landry Jones went down because he suffered a hard hit by OSU defender Alex Elkins, Blake Bell stepped up. Bell – not the Belldozer – took the field and the backup quarterback threw a 12-yard strike to Justin Brown.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4081'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
- 4060Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4007Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients