Two Oklahoma players earn conference honors
Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones and wide receiver Jalen Saunders were named as the Big 12 Players of the Week after the two helped the Sooners win an overtime game against Oklahoma State on Saturday.
Saunders earned the special teams Player of the Week and Jones earned the conference’s offensive Player of the Week for the second straight week.
On Saturday, Saunders had his first punt return for a touchdown. He ran back an OSU punt 81 yards in the fourth quarter when Oklahoma was down 38-30. The junior ended the game with 251-all purpose yards, which is the sixth-highest single-game total for a Sooners wide receiver.
OU is now the only team in the conference to have two punt returns for touchdowns this season.
Landry Jones had another record-breaking Saturday. In the Bedlam game, Jones went 46-of-71 for 500 yards with three touchdowns and one interception. This is Jones’ seventh selection in his career and his second of his senior year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24112Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13400Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10660Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10343UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7789Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6928Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6286Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6076Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4932OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients