OU’s M’Baye named conference’s Rookie of the Week
On Monday, the Big 12 conference named the junior transfer Rookie of the Week after he had a season-high 19 points, went 5-of-6 on field goal shooting and grabbed six rebounds, a game-tying high, in the Sooners 77-70 victory.
The 6-foot-9 forward also made a career-high 9 free throws with a career-high 13 attempts in the Sooners’ victory.
The Bordeaux, France native averaged 10.7 points, 5.0 rebounds 1.0 block and 1.0 steal for the three-game tournament where Oklahoma played UTEP, Gonzaga and West Virginia.
The game against West Virginia marked the second time in Big 12 history that conference members met in a regular season non-conference game. The first was in November 1996 when Texas beat Nebraska 83-81 in overtime. That game was held in Austin and it happened during the first year of the Big 12 conference.
Oklahoma finished the weekend 2-1 in Orlando, Fla.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients