Oklahoma’s 44 first downs Saturday were just one short of Texas Tech’s NCAA record
The Sooners totaled 44 first downs, just one behind Texas Tech’s record, which it set with 45 first downs (16 rushing, 28 passing and one penalty) in its 2003 win over Iowa State.
Oklahoma picked up 29 of its first downs Saturday passing, 11 rushing and four because of OSU penalties.
The Sooners picked up seven of those first downs on their final fourth-quarter drive, which took 6:18 off the clock and ended with Blake Bell’s 4-yard touchdown run that tied the game and forced overtime.
The 44th and final first down of the game, of course, came with Brennan Clay’s 18-yard, game winning touchdown run in overtime.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients