Reports: Florida State defensive coordinator Mark Stoops hired as Kentucky’s head coach
The news was first reported by Kentucky Sports Radio.
Stoops, Florida State’s defensive coordinator, is the younger brother of Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops and Sooners defensive coordinator Mike Stoops.
Mark Stoops was an assistant at South Florida, Wyoming, Houston and Miami before joining Mike Stoops’ Arizona staff in 2004.
He became Florida State’s defensive coordinator in 2009; while at FSU, he coached twice against Bob Stoops’ Oklahoma teams, which beat the Seminoles 47-17 in Norman two years ago, and 23-13 in Tallahassee, Fla., last season.
Asked about the possibility of his brother accepting the Kentucky job at Monday’s news conference, Bob Stoops didn’t say much.
“I’m sure it’s a good job,” he said. “All jobs are good jobs, for the most part. As long as they’ve got a little money to help the football team.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients