Oklahoma punter earns conference honors
The honor is Oklahoma’s third Big 12 honor in the last three weeks of the regular season. Last week, Sooners’ quarterback Landry Jones and wide receiver Jalen Saunders earned the honors for offensive player and special teams player of the week.
Against TCU, Way averaged 49.3 yards on his seven punts. Two of his punts fell inside TCU’s 20-yard line. The senior from Tulsa also kicked one for 75 yards in the third quarter. That kick was a season long and also the third longest in Way’s career.
Way now has five punts for 70 yards or more.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 71664Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31265Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29267Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 20588Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6679Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6629Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 5747Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 5482Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 5176Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients