What Bracketologists are saying about 2013′s first Bedlam basketball game
NCAA Tournament talk for Oklahoma has started in January. NCAA Tournament Bracketologists like CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm and ESPN’s Joe Lunardi ranked Oklahoma as a No. 10 and No. 11 seed, respectively in their bracketology reports.
The Oklahoman caught up with Palm and Lunardi to get their thoughts on the implications this weekend’s Bedlam game could have on Oklahoma.
Lunardi on where OU needs to end up this season: “I would say 11-7 would most certainly do it so if they can get off to a 3-1 start in the league. Then you’re talking about basically .500 and winning you’re home games. That’s the way to be an 11 seed. That’s the path.”
Palm on if Sooners fans should be excited or weary that Oklahoma is included in tournament talk so early: “Considering Oklahoma’s recent history, yeah I’d be excited about that because they haven’t been to the tournament in a while. It’s been a bit of a dry spell.
“I’d get excited about the fact that it’s January and we’re talking about them as a potential tournament team. I wouldn’t start buying tickets yet. They’ve got some work to do. It is a long way from over for Oklahoma but hey we’re talking about them.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22254Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17756Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12801Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10958Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10241Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9718Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8905OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6440Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5651Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5121Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients