ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla expects this Bedlam game to be one of “hustle”
OSU is ranked No. 20 in the nation and the Cowboys have Marcus Smart. The freshman ranks 20th in the Big 12 in rebounds (80), fifth in assists (67) and 11th in free throw percentage (79%).
Smart also leads the league in steals with 39. That’s 2.79 per game. The next closest total amount of steals is Baylor’s A.J. Waton with 29.
The whole Bedlam game isn’t played just by Smart, but ESPN basketball analyst Fran Frashcilla thinks the four freshman starters (two for each team) will have a large influence on the game. It’s also going to be one intense game.
“This is a game that’s going to be decided by hustle plays and rebounding and dirty work,” Fraschilla said. “They’re playing a team with a player in Marcus Smart that’s one of the best dirty work players in the country. He can beat you with his offensive, his defense, his rebounding, his hustle.
“Both teams play extremely hard and play good defensively. It’s going to be a battle of rebounding, 50-50 balls and timely shooting. I expect it to be a very good basketball game with the winner being decided by who makes the most hustle plays.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5124Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5057Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4620UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients