Cotton Bowl: Oklahoma offering Standing Room Only tickets to season-ticket holders
NORMAN — Oklahoma is now offering season-ticket holders the opportunity to purchase Standing Room Only tickets to the Jan. 4 Cotton Bowl against Texas A&M.
Monday, OU announced it had already sold-out its allotment of bowl tickets, which ended up being more than 13,000.
The SRO tickets are $50, and provide access to Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas — the game’s venue — but no seat; instead, these ticket-holders will watch the game from one of the end zones.
The Sooners were expected to play in the Sugar Bowl against Florida, but slid to the Cotton Bowl after MAC champion Northern Illinois moved into the top 16 of the BCS Standings.
Because the mid-major Huskies were ranked above the Big 10 and Big East champions, their No. 15 ranking ensured them a BCS berth.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4779Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4600Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4155Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients