Former Notre Dame recruit Tee Shepard appears headed for Norman
BY RYAN ABER
Tee Shepard, one of the top cornerbacks in the 2012 class, will reportedly enroll at Oklahoma in January.
His decision was reported by Rivals.com.
“The 5 star corner Tee Shepard” is now…#BackInBusiness,” Shepard tweeted Tuesday evening.
Shepard (6-foot-1, 180 pounds) joined Notre Dame in January but left the team before spring practice began.
Shepard played as a junior for the same high school, Fresno (Calif.) Central East as Sooners defensive back commit Hatari Byrd. He had to sit out his senior season after transferring back to Fresno Washington Union.
“I know he’s been studying and preparing and working as hard as he can to get a score on the ACT to get into a Division I school,” Washington Union coach Jeff Freitas told the South Bend Tribune. “
Shepard joins Byrd and Miami Central’s Ahmad Thomas as defensive back commits.
Shepard initially chose the Irish over USC and Arizona State, among others.
Shepard was the fourth-rated cornerback in the 2012 class by Rivals and No. 76 overall.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26920Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17660Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8676UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8213Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8153OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7952Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6297Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5734Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5128Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients