Oklahoma football: Moving offensive players to defense
Mike Stoops doesn’t have a filter. That can get him in trouble, as it did Friday, when he went on The Sports Animal and said that if Texas A&M can keep Johnny Manziel “out of jail or keep him eligible, he’s gonna be pretty good … If they can keep him off the Twitter, he might have three-four Heismans. He’ll have that type of ability.”
But Coach Mike’s propensity for saying whatever’s on his mind is awfully beneficial, too, for knowing what’s going on with OU football. For example, the idea that the Sooners might move someone from offense to defense.
Just so happens, earlier Friday, Bob Stoops met with some writers for a season-ending chat. We asked Bob Stoops about moving some offensive players to defense, including some specific players.
“I don’t think so,” Stoops said. “Not at this point. When you get into spring ball, you never know what can happen.”
What about fullback Trey Millard as a linebacker possibility, which I’ve discussed on the radio and heck, even brought up to Stoops a year ago or so?
“He’d be a good one,” Stoops said. “I don’t listen to the radio. It’s a good idea.”
How about just playing Millard both ways? “That would go over real well with the no huddle. He’d get over 200 snaps a game.”
Then five hours later, Mike Stoops went on the radio and was asked much the same thing. Is OU looking at moving some offensive players to defense?
“Sure,” Mike Stoops said. “We’re looking at probably, still looking at three or four receivers and guys. We’re always looking at getting our best players on the field.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients