Oklahoma junior Gabe Ikard named first-team academic All-American
Ikard earned second-team honors last year.
He becomes the first OU player since Brian Bosworth in 1986 to become a first-team academic All-American, and also the first Sooner to be an academic All-American in consecutive seasons since Ron Shotts in 1966-67.
Ikard has been named to the Academic All-Big 12 team for three consecutive years with a 4.0 grade point average in multidisciplinary studies.
Ikard was a tight end when he came to Oklahoma from Bishop McGuinness in Oklahoma City.
He started at guard last season, but played some games at center when Ben Habern was injured.
When Habern chose to end his career because of lingering injuries in the preseason, Ikard took over as OU’s full-time center.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients