Sooners lose out on Manning to Texas A&M
BY RYAN ABER
The Cotton Bowl is nearly a month away but Thursday, Oklahoma lost to Texas A&M.
The Aggies picked up a commitment from Dallas Kimball defensive tackle Justin Manning, the younger brother of former Sooners standout DeMarcus Granger.
Manning (6-foot-2, 275 pounds) picked the Aggies over OU and TCU. He also had offers from a large list of other schools, including LSU, Arkansas, Kansas State, Miami, Tennessee, UCLA and Michigan.
Manning is ranked sixth nationally at his position and No. 90 overall by Rivals.com.
The Sooners have 14 commitments for the 2013 class. None are defensive tackles.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13515Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10081Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9722Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8902Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6661Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5295Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4515Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4167Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4139Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients