Landry Jones isn’t one of the top 3 quarterback in the Big 12, according to SI.com
It comes as no surprise that they ranked Texas A&M quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel the first-team quarterback.
The Big 12 though gained quarterback honors at second team with Collin Klein (also not really a surprise since Klein was the third-place candidate for the Heisman trophy.)
Then Sports Illustrated handed out Honorable Mentions to quarterbacks like Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater, a sophomore slinger for the Cardinals who went 10-2 this season and 5-2 in the Big East conference. Bridgewater threw for 3,452 yards, 25 touchdowns and seven interceptions this season.
Then there are guys like Tajh Boyd for Clemson, Marcus Mariota of Oregon, AJ McCarron of Alabama, Aaron Murray of Georgia, Braxton Miller of Ohio State, Colby Cameron of Louisiana Tech, David Fales of San Jose State and Derek Carr of Fresno State.
And then there are two Big 12 conference quarterbacks: Geno Smith of West Virginia and Nick Florence of Baylor.
Smith threw for 4,004 yards. 40 touchdowns and six interceptions. His Mountaineers went 7-5 overall this season and 4-5 in the Big 12 conference. Florence threw for 4,121 yards, 31 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. His Bears also went 7-5 overall and 4-5 in the conference.
That means Sports Illustrated doesn’t see Landry Jones as one of the three best quarterbacks in the Big 12 conference despite him throwing for 3,989 yards, 29 touchdowns, 10 interceptions and becoming Oklahoma’s winningest quarterback in 2012.
Do you think Sports Illustrated is right or wrong in not including Landry Jones in its All-American team selection?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims
- 6479Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6305Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5197Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients