The consistency of Romero Osby
Lon Kruger said it twice Monday: Romero Osby is the most consistent player right now for Oklahoma.
He’s consistent in his communication, his baskets and what he shows to the younger guys.
When Je’lon Hornbeak was a junior in high school, he remembered seeing Romero Osby on his official visit. One of the assistant coaches told Hornbeak how good Osby was going to be and Hornbeak said it’s held true.
As the only guy on the roster who’s ever been a part of a tournament team — when Osby was at Mississippi State — Hornbeak said the team does try to take cues from the senior forward.
“He is one of the older guys out there,” Hornbeak said. ”He was there (at Mississippi State) experiencing what they went through so we kind of got to piggy back off him because he’s the only one that’s been there from this team. So his approach to the game and how he comes in and works, we kind of take that and put our little twist into it.”
Hornbeak said the other thing Osby is consistent at is being in the weight room.
“I’m a little scrawny,” Hornbeak said. “I’m trying to get a little bigger but he works hard on and off the court and the classroom. He just graduated. On off days, he’s running hills.
“Me and buddy are walkin’ to Braum’s and he’s running hills. We take that and we’re like, ‘Man, we want to do that as well.’”
Just add one more consistent to Osby’s list: consistent leader.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7508Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7162Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6434UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients