Jimmy Johnson, circa 1972
Each Tuesday, we run a photographic memory in The Oklahoman. This is a photo from today’s paper that assistant sports editor Scott Munn found in our archives of former Oklahoma assistant coach Jimmy Johnson in 1972. We thought you would enjoy this.
In this 1972 photo from The Oklahoman archives, Jimmy Johnson, a 29-year-old OU assistant football coach, watches a defensive drill during practice. Johnson, who was referred to as Jim Johnson in the original photo cutline, has come a long way since the ’72 season, when the Big Eight champion Sooners finished 11-1. Between then and his current position as a popular NFL studio analyst for Fox, Johnson has been head coach at Oklahoma State, guided Miami U. to a national championship and the Dallas Cowboys to two Super Bowl titles.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 98297Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16555OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13177Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8674Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8399Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8073How to help tornado victims
- 7770Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6639Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6423Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients