Twitter reaction to Landry Jones’ struggles at the Senior Bowl
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
After a strong week of practice (according to reports), Landry Jones seemed poised for a nice performance in front of NFL scouts at the Senior Bowl on Saturday.
Even an average showing would have been a nice cap to an important week for the NFL hopeful.
But the former OU star didn’t even get that. Far from it.
Jones looked skittish and uncomfortable during his brief appearance in Mobile, Ala., finishing 3-of-10 passing for only 16 yards, the lowest number of completions and yards for any of the six quarterbacks who participated. He was also sacked twice.
The only positives? Jones avoided any turnovers (something that plagued him throughout his four-year OU career). And his lack of communication with receivers (it was terrible) can be somewhat overlooked by those who study the game, because of the game’s unique circumstances.
But make no mistake, his struggles were noticed by many, particularly a rough first half when Jones didn’t pick up a first down in any of his four drives.
Here’s some Twitter reaction:
Jones wore #14
A former teammate, who knows a little about pre-draft, coming to Landry’s defense
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4211Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3402Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3381Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients