What They Had To Say: Post Oklahoma-Kansas Edition
Oklahoma lost to No. 3 Kansas. On Monday, the Jayhawks were named the No. 1 team in the country per USA TODAY’s coaches poll.
Here’s what Oklahoma and Kansas had to say about Saturday’s game.
Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger on Kansas’ center Jeff Withey’s moves as a post player: “People in the league have seen him move like that throughout his career. He does move very well, but I don’t think it’s a big surprise that he’s capable of doing that. He does a good job of finishing opportunities, he gets them inside and he’s a good low-post player.”
Kansas center Jeff Withey on his performance: “I thought I did pretty well. They didn’t come inside too often. They tried to isolate me on the outside and make me drive a little bit and shoot jumpers. Overall, I think I had a solid performance. I was able to score off my teammates assists. Elijah (Johnson) got me a dunk and I got a dunk in fast break from Naadir (Thapre).”
Oklahoma forward Romero Osby on Withey’s impact: “He has good timing and has a knack for (blocking shots), so he just makes it tough for everybody.
Withey on affecting Osby’s performance: “I think I affected him a little bit. I think he was a little hesitant to shoot the ball. I blocked him in the first half pretty early so that might have gotten in his head. He’s a good player and he is definitely physical.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8171OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6350Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6186Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6108OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4747Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4683Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3723Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3514Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3353As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients