Landry Jones: Lane Johnson one of Oklahoma’s best all-around athletes
NORMAN — Quarterback Landry Jones called senior offensive tackle Lane Johnson “probably one of the best all-around athletes on our team.”
“If you look at his size and his capabilities with what he’s able to do athletically … The guy is close to 305 or 310, and he’s still running a 4.7 (in the 40-yard dash),” Jones said. “He’s extremely athletic.”
Johnson was a quarterback in high school, and began his college career at Kilgore College at the position before transitioning to tight end.
He was a tight end at Oklahoma originally, then switched to defensive end, and then started 12 games at offensive tackle last season.
Johnson wasn’t expected to start this year, but overtook Tyrus Thompson during fall camp and continued to improve throughout the season.
“He’s made huge leaps on his technique and just playing that position this year alone,” Jones said. “He’s set himelf up to make a lot of money in the future.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients