Cotton Bowl coaches Bob Stoops, Kevin Sumlin share light, chummy teleconference
Asked what stuck out to him about Sumlin, Stoops called the Texas A&M coach, “incredibly bright in everything that he does. Relates well with his players. Excellent recruiter. All the things you want.”
When Sumlin left Stoops’ Oklahoma staff after the 2007-08 season to become Houston’s head coach, what did he expect?
“I expected him to do well for all the reasons I just said,” Stoops said. “I knew he’d hire quality people, which none of us do it alone, and he’s done that with an excellent staff.”
Both coaches chuckled after Sumlin quickly added, “That’s my new agent right there.”
Sumlin was Texas A&M’s offensive coordinator in 2002 — when the Aggies upset the Sooners in College Station — and the next year, Stoops hired him at Oklahoma.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients