Oklahoma volleyball player Tara Dunn scores first college basketball point Wednesday
Her first free-throw attempt bounced off the rim; the second, though, fell through the net, causing the OU bench — and the Lloyd Noble Center crowd — to erupt, celebrating the Sooner volleyball player’s first career point with the basketball squad.
Dunn and volleyball teammate Eden Williams were each added to the OU women’s basketball roster in late December, giving the team 10 healthy bodies after it suffered four season- or career-ending injuries within the season’s first few months.
Dunn and Williams each played high school basketball, but never imagined they’d be playing the sport at the Division I level. You can click here to read The Oklahoman story from late December on the OU women’s basketball team’s two newest players.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3847Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3762Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 3552OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients