Sophomore right tackle Daryl Williams expected to miss the Cotton Bowl
NORMAN — Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops announced Friday that sophomore tackle Daryl Williams is expected to miss the Cotton Bowl against Texas A&M, scheduled for January 4 at 7:30 p.m. at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
The sophomore sprained his MCL early in Oklahoma’s 50-49 win at West Virginia on Nov. 17, and missed the Sooners’ final two regular-season games.
Williams started the first 10 games of the year at right tackle; sophomore Tyrus Thompson replaced him in the lineup for the Sooners’ wins against Oklahoma State and at TCU.
Williams was selected as an All-Big 12 Honorable Mention linemen by the coaches this season. The Lake Dallas, Texas, native has played in 19 career games for the Sooners.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3664George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3376Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3309Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients