Fantasy football company starts petition to get day after Super Bowl recognized as national holiday
We the people have a chance to create a new holiday.
A fantasy football company called 4for4.com created a petition that, in order to be presented to the White House, needs 100,000 signatures by Feb. 23, 2013 to make the Monday following the Super Bowl a national holiday.
Here’s what the petition says:
In 2012, an estimated 111 million American citizens watched the Super Bowl, making it the most-viewed television broadcast in history and one of the largest location-independent gatherings of American people to date.
We at 4for4.com Fantasy Football petition the Obama Administration to consider declaring the Monday following Super Bowl Sunday a national holiday. By doing so, the Obama Administration can promote camaraderie among the American people, keep the streets safer for our children on Sunday night and Monday morning, promote a productive workplace when work resumes on Tuesday, and honor the most popular event in modern American culture.
Basically, making Monday a holiday would mean inebriated people would have time to sleep off their hangovers instead of driving to work still intoxicated and those who went to bed late wouldn’t be driving to work as sleepy.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients