Catching up with Lon Kruger – Kansas State vs. Oklahoma edition
The Sooners are coming off their biggest victory of the season, beating Baylor in Waco 74-71.
Lon Kruger talked with the media about that Baylor game, the month of February, the Kansas State game and the little kid who tried to join live play.
Toward the end of the Baylor game, you guys had a big lead and it dwindled.
We’ll learn from the late-game situations. It’s a great road win. Like to have finished it cleaner for sure but it’s hard to simulate that stuff in practice so hopefully it’s good experience for us and the opportunity to learn from a winning experience is always nice than learning from the alternative. Would have liked to finish cleaner, got a little soppy there late. We have to clean that up for sure.
Was it good to see that you can win when Romero Osby doesn’t have a big night?
Yeah it was a night when (Steven) Pledger had a great first half, which that makes a big difference when he’s making shots like that and then Amath (M’Baye) has a terrific night as well. This has been a club. Roes’ been a corner stone in terms of consistency all year long but at different times, different guys have stepped up and contributed in different ways.
Amath’s been playing better in the past two weeks.
Yeah Amath’s playing well. He’s played well in practice for a while and he’s shooting the ball consistently well.. very,very active.very very energetic and playing with a lot of confidence right now.
What are your thoughts on K State at home?
Always good to be at home. Crowds have been great and that’s a big key. Student section has been terrific and that’s very helpful. Guys appreciate that. Kansas State’s very good. (Wildcats coach) Bruce (Weber) has done a terrific job and they play really hard defensively and they make it tough on you and offensively … they hav a lot of guys that can step up and make shots.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81977Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32354Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 27598Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 23828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15915Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 8307Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7696Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7650Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7465Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7362Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients