Catching up with Lon Kruger – pre Texas A&M Corpus Christi
The Oklahoman caught up with Lon Kruger after the Sooners’ practice at McCasland to discuss the upcoming game, a new freshman guard at starter and what the Sooners have improved.
The Oklahoman: Texas A&M Corpus Christi is a 1-9 team. How do you prepare them after coming off a win like the one against Ohio, who was a Sweet 16 participant?
Lon Kruger: We’re more concerned with each game about what we’re doing than the opponent and this is no different. We’ve had other games – (Monday) was one of them – where we had some really good stretches in games and had to come back the next game with a better stretch so we have to focus on getting better, just as we would any time.
Much more concerned about what we’re doing and take steps of progress than what the opponent’s doing.
What did you think of Buddy Hield’s first start?
Buddy was good. His activity was good. Loose balls, Steals, rebounds. He didn’t score it as much but that’s the least of our concern for Buddy. He’s going to do that.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7196Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6116Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6096Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients