Barry Switzer: Tom Osborne tells his favorite Switzer stories
Omaha World-Herald columnist Tom Shatel’s final interview with Tom Osborne posted today. It’s a good read especially for lovers of the OU-Nebraska rivalry.
You can read the entire interview here.
Shatel couldn’t let Osborne, who is retiring as Nebraska’s athletic director on Tuesday, get away without asking for his favorite Barry Switzer story. I’ll bet Osborne has better ones, but here’s the two he shared with Shatel:
“I remember we beat them (in 1982) when Scott Strasburger intercepted a pass. The crowd came onto the field. I went out to shake Barry’s hand and I never saw him. To this day, I don’t know what happened to him, if he got knocked down, or what.
“One time we went out fishing, for a fishing show. And it was colder than heck, it was down near the Oklahoma-Texas border. Barry liked to fish, but he wasn’t really into it. After about two hours, he pulled the plug on it. I think we had a terrible show. He didn’t want to stay out there anymore.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients