Big 12 women’s basketball power rankings: 1. Baylor; 2. Iowa State; 3. West Virginia
Past Baylor, every team seems fully capable of beating — and sometimes routing — every other team on any given night.
Regardless, here’s our best stab at Big 12 women’s basketball rankings through Tuesday, Feb. 5.
1. Baylor (20-1, 10-0 Big 12)
Last week: 1
The only easy team to rank. The Bears breezed past Texas Tech and Oklahoma State in their home arenas and remain the nation’s No. 1-ranked team in both the AP and coaches’ polls.
2. Iowa State (15-5, 6-4)
Last week: 3
Iowa State — like all Big 12 teams not named Baylor — remains hard to figure out. The Cyclones earned an impressive win at West Virginia on Jan. 26, lost at Kansas and then beat Texas Tech by 15.
3. West Virginia (13-8, 5-5)
Last week: 6
Following tough, close, back-to-back home losses to Texas Tech and Iowa State, the Mountaineers upset Oklahoma State in Stillwater and then routed Oklahoma at home.
4. Oklahoma (16-5, 6-3)
Last week: 5
The Sooners are 4-0 at home in Big 12 play, but 2-3 on the road — including three straight blowout losses at Iowa State, Baylor and West Virginia.
5. Oklahoma State (16-5, 5-5)
Last week: 3
Oklahoma State lost to West Virginia and Baylor at home, but rebounded some with a 76-59 win over TCU. The Cowgirls are off until Sunday, when they travel to Norman for the season’s first Bedlam game.
6. Texas Tech (16-6, 6-4)
Last week: 2
Tech lost at home to Baylor and at Iowa State last week, but has an opportunity to rebound Wednesday night against West Virginia at home. The last time the two teams met — Jan. 22 in Morgantown — Texas Tech won 77-73 in overtime.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3938Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3498Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients