For more information, call the phone number or use the email address provided. To submit items, call Melissa Howell at 475-3770 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Home and garden calendar.” Please submit items at least 10 days before publication.
• Midwest City Council of Garden Clubs, 1 p.m. today at Rubye Atkinson Center, 422 Russell Drive, Midwest City. Program is “Landscape and Plants in Italy.” Speaker is July Kautz, Master Gardner, member of Red Rose Garden Club.
• Oklahoma City Council of Garden Clubs, 10 a.m., April 12 at Will Rogers Exhibition Center, 3400 NW 36. Refreshments at 9:30 a.m. provided by hostess club Amaryllis. Program is “Wildcrafting — Foraging Oklahoma's Wild Edible Plants.” Members should bring sale plants for April 13 plant sale. Call 601-9466 or 722-8822.
• Creating an urban “wildflower” simulation, 9:30 a.m. to noon, April 26, Will Rogers Exhibition Center, 3400 NW 36. Discuss the step-by-step process for locating, designing and maintaining your own wildflower bed. Free.
• Low maintenance landscapes, 9:30 a.m. to noon, May 4, Will Rogers Exhibition Center, 3400 NW 36. Using native plants can reduce watering, pest and disease treatments, and assist in many other areas. Learn how to choose and design with natives. Registration required by calling 943-0827. Free.
• Personal flower arranging, 9:30 a.m. to noon, May 10, Will Rogers Exhibition Center, 3400 NW 36. Participants bring floral material, vases, plus hand pruners and floral wire. Free.
• Annual Spring Plant Sale sponsored by Oklahoma City Council of Garden Clubs, 8 a.m., April 13, Will Rogers Exhibition Center, 3400 NW 36. Sale will continue until sold out. Plants of all types and varieties available. Funds are used for scholarship awards, educational programs and special community events. Call 601-9466 or 722-8822.
• Garden Festival in Norman, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 13 at the Cleveland County Master Gardener Demonstration and Teaching Garden, located on the southwest corner of the Cleveland County Fairgrounds, 615 E Robinson, Norman. Event will be held, rain or shine, featuring educational demonstrations, children's activities, a plant sale benefiting the Master Gardener Association, as well as seasoned gardeners on hand to answer questions. In addition, local growers and other horticultural related vendors will be available. For more information, look on Facebook under the Garden Party, or call 321-4774. Free and open to the public. Sponsored by the Cleveland County Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service.
Continue reading this story on the...