Recently the Hospital Authority trustees approved the recommendations of the Hospital Authority Board of Grantors for the 2012-13 Midwest City Memorial Hospital Authority Trust (MCMHA) grants in the amount of $300,000.
MCMHA is a public trust that promotes community projects which are designated to effectively address the diverse issues and opportunities facing the Midwest City community. Since its beginning during fiscal year 1998-99 through fiscal year 2012-13, the board of Grantors has recommended and the Hospital Authority trustees have funded 256 grants totaling nearly $5.3 million. Some of the projects that the trust has provided funding for include the nature trails, the Oklahoma Honor Flight, vans for the Mid-Del Group Homes, the foot bridge over Solider Creek and much, much more.
The 2012-13 grant recipients include:
- YMCA of Greater OKC - $22,245 to purchase and install additional playground equipment for the MWC branch
- Regional Food Bank of OK - $25,000 for expansion of the MWC childhood hunger programs
- Midwest City-Del City Public Schools Foundation - $25,000 for Bot Ball educational Robotics
- Midwest City Tree Board - $35,000 for SE 15th Street beautification project
- City of Midwest City/Fire Department - $18,755 for firefighter safety & health equipment
- City of Midwest City/Golf Course - $50,000 to replace fence along south side golf course
- City of Midwest City/Grants Management - $50,000 for original mile median improvement project
- City of Midwest City/Police Department - $14,000 for covered parking for specialty equipment and vehicles
- Midwest City Rotary Club - $60,000 for erection of Veterans’ Memorial
Hospital Authority Board of Grantors chairman, Glenn Goldschlager said that this year’s total applications exceeded $2 million. “This year’s requests were one of the largest ever received by the Board of Grantors, making our job more challenging,” Goldschlager said.