Mini Barbecue Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
4 (6-ounce) packages Shawnee Mills Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
1 (2-pound) pork tenderloin, cut lengthwise into 2 portions OR 2 (1-pound) packages pork tenderloin
1 tablespoon Head Country All-Purpose Championship Seasoning
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce
2 tablespoons canola oil
Coleslaw or pickled jalapenos, for garnish
• Prepare biscuits according to package directions. Let cool completely, then slice each biscuit in half.
• Set pork tenderloins on a cutting board. Combine Head Country seasoning, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt. Rub onto all sides of the pork tenderloins.
• In a Dutch oven, heat canola oil to medium-high heat. Sear all sides of the tenderloins, cooking about 2 minutes per side.
• Remove from heat, and pour Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce over tenderloins. Cover, and cook in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Remove from oven, and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing. For easier slicing, let pork cool even further.
• Slice into ½-inch rounds. Place a slice or two of pork tenderloin onto each biscuit. Top with coleslaw, pickled jalapenos or any favorite condiment.