‘Repo Man’ comic-book sequel
Gestalt Comics is publishing a sequel to the 1980s cult film Repo Man. Alex Cox, the writer and director of the Emilio Estevez film, has created a sequel, a preview of which is available now online. The book is slated to ship in March. Joining Cox on the graphic novel “Waldo’s Hawaiian Holiday” are artist Chris Bones and colorist Justin Randall.
From Gestalt’s site:
“In 1994, ten years after I made REPO MAN, I became interested in the idea of a sequel. Specifically – what had happened to Otto, during his ten-year absence from Earth? And what would he make of the changes which had taken place in his absence? Otto, it would appear, has been held prisoner, in great luxury, on the planet Mars. Now he has returned to Earth, and changed his name — to Waldo,” Alex Cox says.
Waldo, recently returned from Mars, is forced to choose where his allegiance lies — his boss, Duke Mantee, or the sex goddess, Velma; money or knowledge; the past or the future; Earth – or Mars?
A podcast with the artists about the sequel can be found at Faster Than Light.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients