Do you want “Wanted”?
“Wanted” is a property with an odd history of false claims.
The comic, written by Mark Millar, was hyped as the villain-version of “Watchmen.” How that would actually read, I do not know, but when I read the series, I didn’t feel like I was reading a visually dense literary meditation on what it means to be a villain in the world of today.
Rather, it was a great story that asked the question: What if the bad guys won?
During the series release, we also heard that Eminem (to whom the lead character Wesley bore a striking resemblance) was in talks to play star in a film version. Could Halle Berry – the visual basis for “The Fox” – be far off?
Of course neither of those two ended up in the movie, which is now due out June 27, 2008.
But neither of those previous falsehoods made any difference in my enjoyment of the comic book. Sadly, the fact that the movie is going by the name “Wanted” is a betrayal in and of itself.
Super-villains? No, they’re assassins. Anti-hero? No, Wesley is on a hero’s journey.
I like James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie, but from what I’ve seen in the trailer, I don’t particularly want to see “Wanted.”
– Greg Elwell
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients