Geeking out by candlelight
Well, as of about 30 minutes ago, the electricity has returned to my house and it’s crazy what a relief it is.
I’m on a mini-vacation for a couple of days, but it’s been dark at the Elwell household since about noon on Monday. Heaven forbid I let a little weather get in the way of reading comic books, though. I’m sure my wife was thrilled that, rather than figuring out where to take the food in our freezer, I spent this morning enjoying the first few issues of Mark Waid’s run on “Legion of Super-Heroes.”
More than anything, I’m embarrassed by how dependent I am on electricity. Doing even the most rudimentary and basic of tasks was a struggle. I guess I never realized how hard it is to clean up in the kitchen or cook dinner when the lights are out.
Here’s hoping the rest of you get power back soon. The latest report I heard had OG&E more than a week out from restoring power fully. With any luck, we’ll make it through OK.
– Greg Elwell
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3600Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3343Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3206Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients