Well, the weather outside is frightful…
But comics, at least, are still delightful?
It does seem a little weird to spend much time today talking about electronic ways to entertain yourself – myself and many of the people in the state are without power today, as part of the largest power outage in state history.
I worked from my store yesterday. I-35 was supposedly closed, and I didn’t want to risk it. I made it in to the paper today. After hanging out at the store all day yesterday (plus my wife and kids), last night we went to my brother’s house, since he still had power. As of today, the store now has no power. I think my guys are doing their best to figure out how to distribute new comics tomorrow if electricity isn’t yet back.
This is the worst damage I’ve ever seen around Norman. Trees all across town were splitting at the trunk and falling over. Four trees at my house split and fell. Driving across town last night, it looked like something from an apocalyptic movie. Occasionally, a lone house would have Christmas lights twinkling, surrounded by dozens around it that were powerless.
Tonight, I plan on settling down with a copy of “Brave and the Bold: Lords of Luck,” which, I should be able to read by candlelight even if my brother’s house loses power. The retro-style story by Mark Waid with the typical detailed artwork of George Perez seems like something I could have read during a childhood winter storm, even.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7422Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6833Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
- 6608Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients