Chloe? I hardly knew her!
God, I love that stupid joke.
But enough about that, here’s the scoop — “Smallville” fan-fave Chloe will be joining the DC Universe in Superman #674.
Now, before you purists get your Spider-Man Underoos in a knot, let’s look at the long history of comic book characters who have come from outside the comic book world.
1. Jimmy Olsen — Superman’s Pal, was not created for the comic book page, but rather for the radio (or “talkie box,” if you’re 200 years old). That’s right, kids — Jimmy was not in canon to begin with.
2. Firestar – This red-headed mutant was first drawn on a cel for animation before she made it to the Marvel Universe. She appeared on “Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends,” taking the place of the Human Torch (who was tied up in legal limbo at the time).
3. Kryptonite — Superman’s greatest weakness also came from the Adventures of Superman radio show. That’s right, fellow nerds, all your base are belong to us. Nothing is what it seems. Black is white. Dogs sleep with cats. Talkies are going to ruin this business!
4. Harley Quinn — Dr. Harleen Quinzel, the femme fatale with a taste for homicidal clowns, first showed her pretty painted face in “Batman: The Animated Series,” long before getting her own series, she was working it on the small screen in one of the greatest cartoons in the history of man, ape, lizard or 8th dimensional imp.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3222Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3222OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3191Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients