Best toys of 2007
- From special correspondent Chris Borthick, here are the top 10 toys for 2007:
- Batman (DC Classics Wave 1): This latest sculpt of the Dark Knight is easily one of the best ever done. Featuring the classic Batman costume with yellow bat shield, shadowed face and incredible articulation this Batman comes complete with a batarang and grapple gun. If he’s any indication the new DC classics line is going to be amazing. (photo by Chris Price.)
- The Electronic Flight Control TARDIS. (Character Options) : The traveling time machine of the Doctor Who series, also known as the blue police box, features 8 different sounds from the television show depending on how you move the toy when it’s on. The detailing on the TARDIS is well done, right down to the telephone in the door. The sound effects make this a must have for Doctor Who fans.
- Captain Marvel (SHAZAM!, DC Direct): With one magic word Billy Batson transforms into the heroic Captain Marvel. The SHAZAM series gives us a modern take on the head of the Marvel family with good detailing from the raised tassels on a shimmering white cape to his almost boyish bemused facial expression.
- Bizarro (Superman, DC Direct): Bizarro has had many incarnations and interpretations as an action figure, but none of them have captured him as the Frankenstein like monster he’s come to be known as in recent years. From the chains on his wrists, the texturing on the skin and his face contorted into a snarl, everything about this figure says monster.
- Motorized Walking AT-AT (Lego): Based on the
Battle for Hoth scene out of The Empire Strikes Back, the AT-AT comes to motorized life as it lumbers forward. It comes with Lego versions of General Veers, the AT-AT pilot, a Snowtrooper and Luke Skywalker with grapple line and lightsaber.
- Booster Gold (52, DC Direct): Booster Gold, the time traveler with economic motivations, finally got a DC Direct figure in 2007. Booster’s color scheme is bright and glossy, drawing attention to himself just like in the comics. The detail on the face and goggles is perfect. Booster comes with his pal Skeets. Best of all he can finally keep Blue Beetle company.
- Man-Bat (Mattel Convention Exclusive): The Comic Convention exclusive Man-Bat is the best convention figure of the year, The packaging is a crate made to look like a Waynetech shipment that comes with a letter from Lucius Fox of Wayne Enterprises regarding the internment of Kurt Langstrom at Arkham Asylum. The white leather winged figure hangs upside down in his packaging and according to Mattel may be the only version of Man Bat in the foreseeable future.
- The Doctor and RC K9 (Character Options): This two pack is based on the new series episode “School Days” and features a trench coat wearing spot on sculpt of David Tennant’s Doctor complete with a sonic screwdriver. The stand out is the remote control miniature robotic dog K9 complete with sound effects and voice.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.