He’ll be back, but will he be good?
While I’ve been eagerly awaiting “Cloverfield,” especially following the brilliant shadow campaign at www.1-18-08.com, some other numbers have been thrown around on TV, trying to get us interested in a different countdown.
“The Sarah Conner Chronicles” (7 p.m. Sunday on Fox) hopes to restore glory to the faded Terminator franchise on the small screen.
So far, the concerns from my friends center on production values. Will the Terminator robots look cheesy? Will the special effects live up to the the movies? Will actress Summer Glau wear skimpy clothing for the Greg-happy-making?
OK, that last question is mine, but don’t you judge me!
Regardless, I’ll be interested to see if “Chronicles” can do for Terminator what “Smallville” did for the Superman movies – update a big-time series of movies that got progressively worse over time.
(Seriously, go back and watch “Superman IV: The Quest for Peace” and try to stay interested. Lex Luthor’s nephew is Duckie? No way.)
Is anybody excited about this? I mean, at least it’s something new on TV that isn’t a reality show, right?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims
- 3897Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3600Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3091Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients