OK…that was pretty cool
My biggest worries going into last night’s premiere episode of “Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles,” were:
1. I hope the effects aren’t super cheesy.
2. I hope the story isn’t super sucky.
The special effects were OK — not movie-grade goodness, but not so bad that they took away from the story. And what a story it was. Time-travelling, random Terminator attacks and John Conner thinking about boning a robot are all good things.
There are some lingering questions. I thought it was pretty convenient how easily Sarah Conner accepted the new Terminator into the fold. (Should we call her the T-River Tam or what?) And I thought the Tam-bot changed her prime directive from “protect John Conner” to “do whatever Sarah Conner says” awfully fast.
And what was with Sarah Conner having to be pushed by her son to stop SkyNet?
“We have to save humanity, mom.”
“Well….I don’t know….I’m awfully busy, lately.”
Regardless, this episode gets an “A” from me, though I’ll be interested to see what the new status quo is with tonight’s episode. I’d assume it’s all Terminator and FBI chasing them all the time, but I wonder if they’ll drift at all to a Monster-of-the-Week format, just to change it up?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 80469Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30097Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29530Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 25550Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7945Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7267Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7260Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7170Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6866Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6473Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients