Not a dream, not a hoax, wait…maybe it is a dream.
It’s not like the two universes haven’t met before — hell, didn’t Superman and Mr. Majestic switch places for a couple months? — but the bleed will be breached again soon in the DC/Wildstorm crossover “Dreamwar.”
Keith Giffen is writing and promises readers a few things:
1. Even though it’s called “Dreamwar,” the characters won’t wake up at the end, “Dallas”-style, with Grifter in the shower. In other words, lasting consequences will be felt in the Wildstorm Universe, which is much less important than DC proper, apparently.
2. This isn’t a one- or two-character crossover — almost everybody from both universes will make an appearance. It will be similar to the “JLA/Avengers” mini-series done so well a few years ago.
3. The Legion of Super Heroes will show up, though it won’t be the version Giffen wrote. In fact, he’s not telling which Legion (classic, diet or New Legion) will appear.
Anybody interested in this? My devotion to the Wildstorm books has waned mightily in recent years. Though I’m enjoying the current Simone run on “Gen 13″ and loved the recently cancelled “StormWatch PHD,” the start-stop-start-stop on “WildCATS” and the general all-heroes-are-villains attitude in most of the books has turned me off.
What do you guys think?
– Greg Elwell
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21533Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17671Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12448Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9610Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9529Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9416Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8233Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7926Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 6583OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5050Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients