Aaron saddles up for “Ghost Rider”
Vaneta Rogers interviews newly Marvel-exclusive incoming “Ghost Rider” writer Jason Aaron at Newsarama. Aaron won a Marvel talent contest in 2002, and eventually went from a back-up tale in “Wolverine” to “Scalped” and “The Other Side” for Vertigo, now to “Ghost Rider” (and an arc of “Wolverine,” after writing a fill-in on issue #56.)
The Kansas City-based Aaron talks about his upcoming projects and his history, as well as this interesting bit about his influences:
Yeah, I’ve been reading them for as long as I’ve been able to read (and no jokes about that, just because I’m from Alabama). Back when I was first getting into comics, buying them off the spinner rack at the local drugstore, my favorite books were New Teen Titans, Blue Devil, Atari Force, Swamp Thing and Fantastic Four. These days, my all-time favorites include Grant Morrison’s Doom Patrol, From Hell, EC’s Frontline Combat, Lone Wolf And Cub, Stray Bullets, Kirby’s Fourth World titles and virtually everything that Steve Gerber did for Marvel in the ‘70s. I also love Michael Fleisher, Timothy Truman, Garth Ennis, Azzarello, Brubaker, Bendis, Adrian Tomine, Rick Veitch… I could go on and on. My biggest influences as a writer would be James Ellroy, Elmore Leonard, Cormac McCarthy, David Simon, Stanley Kubrick and my late cousin Gustav Hasford. These days, I’m also heavily influenced and inspired by the amazing group of comic creators we have here in Kansas City – guys like Matt Fraction, Ande Parks, Tony Moore and B. Clay Moore.
So – someone influenced by “Blue Devil,” James Ellroy and 1970s Steve Gerber on “Wolverine”? Sounds worth a shot.
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17700Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13947Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11336Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10871'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10364Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10094Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6825OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6766Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6423Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6208Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients