Guillermo del Toro to direct “The Hobbit”
IGN is reporting that “Pan’s Labyrinth” director Guillermo del Toro has been signed to direct “The Hobbit.”
The “Hellboy” director will work with Peter Jackson, who directed the three “Lord of the Rings” films. Jackson will stay on as executive producer of the two planned “Hobbit” films. The announcement was made at the French premiere of the Spanish film “The Orphanage,” which was produced by del Toro.
Production is expected to begin in 2009.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3987As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3816Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3469OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients