Nova week: Doug Smith interview, part 3
Nova Week continues as Doug Smith of the Nova Prime site and Rocket Boosters talks about his favorite “Nova” story and about Nova’s time with the New Warriors. Stay tuned today, as we’ll be talking more about the “Heroes for the 90s” shortly!
Matt Price: What’s your favorite individual Nova story?
Doug Smith: Yikes, there are so many! The ‘Forever Yesterday’ story in New Warriors #11 – #13, The ‘StarLost Saga’ from New Warriors #40 – #42 and Rom #24 are among my favorites. But I’d say my most favorite story is from The Man Called Nova #11. The fight between Nova and the Sphinx was the most intense I had seen up until that point. The sheer will and determination Nova displayed against his more powerful foe was overwhelming. Even when he was physically broken and knew he couldn’t win, Nova kept fighting and made it clear to the Sphinx that he would never give him what he wanted. I was so into the story that when the Sphinx left saying that Nova was more of a man than he’d seen in centuries, I remember saying “You’re darn right!”.
MP: Which is your least favorite?
DS: I’d have to go with the Yellow Claw story arc in The Man Called Nova #15 – #18. It didn’t do anything for me.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients