Nova Week: Doug Smith interview, part 4
Nerdage wraps up our interview with Nova Prime’s Doug Smith. We’d like to thank Doug for his indulgence being part of our Nova Week celebration, and we encourage Nova fans to continue to visit the Nova Prime page!
Matt Price: What do you think of the “Annihilation” saga?
Doug Smith: It’s incredible! And the best part is that this new phase of Nova didn’t come out of left field or ham-fisted into one issue. It was developed over time beginning with the Annihilation: Prologue, widely expanded in the four issue Annihilation: Nova mini-series and brought to fruitation in Annihilation. And it was all driven by the events happening to the character. Personally, I love Nova’s new adventures taking place in space. The science fiction element of Nova’s origins had been neglected for a long time which was a shame. It’s a major part of what makes Nova different from the majority of Marvel’s super-heroes and it’s great to see it being used. Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning are bringing in weird and wonderful concepts to their new series but never at the expense of Rich Rider’s character.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients